Athletes of 4sight Academy Newsletter
Time & Location
About The Event
The Athletes of 4sight Academy Newsletter includes the following features: strength training videos, research article analyses, basketball film breakdowns, and personal reflection exercises.
All registered athletes will receive one pair of 4sight Academy socks (black or blue) and be granted eligibility to apply for our scholarships if they submit the six assignments over the eight-week period. Here is an in-depth explanation of the newsletter's features:
- Strength Traning Videos by Sean Panado - workouts that emphasize squat, lunge, bend, push, pull, and twist movement patterns for sport-specific application
- Research Article Analyses by Matthew Anguiano - discussions of the scientific method in relation to the science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) field
- Basketball Film Breakdownsby Martin Tombe - footage of high-level college players making the right plays to put their teams in the best position to succeed
- Personal Reflection Assignments by The Leadership Team - questions that prompt self-awareness and deep thinking to encourage feelings of confidence; mandatory to be granted eligibility to apply for our scholarships
Parents and guardians are recommended to be involved in the communication between athletes and the Leadership Team. In this way, parents can facilitate and support the completion of workouts, reading of discussions, studying basketball film, and reviewing of personal reflections.
- May 17 - Squat and Push Emphasis; STEM Research Article; The "Extra Pass;" Assignment #1
- May 24 (Assignment #1 Due) - Squat, Push, and Twist Emphasis; STEM Research Article; Weak-Side Rotation; Assignment #2
- May 31 (Assignment #2 Due) - Lunge and Push Emphasis; STEM Research Article; Attacking "Zone" Gaps; Assignment #3
- June 7 (Assignment #3 Due) - Lunge, Pull, and Twist Emphasis; STEM Research Article; Disrupting Passing Lanes; Special Feature (No Assignment)*
- June 14 - Bend and Push Emphasis; STEM Research Article; Off-Ball Movement; Assignment #4
- June 21 (Assignment #4 Due) - Bend and Pull Emphasis; STEM Research Article; Switching Ball-Screens; Assignment #5
- July 5 (Assignment #5 Due) - Sport-Specific Application and Twist Emphasis; STEM Research Article; Offensive Intangibles; Assignment #6
- July 12 (Assignment #6 Due) - Sport-Specific Application and Twist Emphasis; STEM Research Article; Not Switching Ball-Screens; Special Feature (No Assignment)**
*The 1-Month Subscription ends after the newsletter from June 7, 2020. Note: A 1-Month Subscription does not grant eligibility to apply for our scholarships since six submitted assignments are a requirement.
**The Precipitate Bottled Water Financial Scholarship and 3Point Play High-Academic Scholarship applications open online on July 6, 2020 at 12:00 AM and close online on July 16, 2020 at 11:59 PM.
- 2-Month Subscription$100$1000$0
- 1-Month Subscription$50$500$0